The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the new Active Kids program.
From 31 January 2018, parents, guardians and carers can apply to the NSW Office of Sport for a $100 voucher per calendar year for each student enrolled in school.
Eligibility for vouchers
- All children age between 4.5 and 18 years
- Enrolled in school (from Kindergarten to Year 12, including those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW).
Things to keep in mind
Vouchers can only be used:
- one time (if the chosen activity fees are less than $100, then the remaining balance is forfeited)
- during the calendar year they’re issued
- for the person named on the voucher
- for registration or membership fees with approved Active Kids providers
Vouchers cannot be:
- split between more than one provider or registration (meaning you may not be able to the claim the full $100 rebate) – delete
- used for individual items, merchandise/uniforms (like jerseys, socks or boots)
- redeemed for cash – no refunds or credits will be issued (cannot be applied retrospectively)
For further information on the Active Kids Program visit NSW Office of Sport - Active Kids
To apply for a voucher visit Service NSW - Active Kids Voucher
If your Term 1 fees and registrations are up to date or less than $100 owing it is possible to use your voucher for Term 2 to gain the maximum benefit. Re-enrolments for Term 2 commence on Monday 19 March.